Sunday, September 21, 2008

Smita Thackarey With Son Rahul At a Salon Launch

Smita Thackarey and Madhur Bhandarkar were chief guests at the launch of hair stylist Shiva's new salon called Shiva's Stylo at Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri. Smita came with her son Rahul (Grandson of Balasaheb Thackeray), they sat for the inauguration pooja and prayed for the success of the new venture. Rahul is the son of Balasaheb Thackrey's second son Jaidev.


Smita Thackarey Married Jaidev in 1987. She is estranged from him since the mid-'90s.

Smita says "My husband was attracted to other women and left me with my children. I found our future very bleak and in a time of distress my father-in-law supported me and asked me to stay back." Jaidev left home some years ago but Smita lives on the first floor of Matoshree, Balasaheb on the second.

Smita produced several Hindi Films in the late 1990's one of which was David Dhawan directed Haseena Maan Jaayegi is a 1999 starring Govinda, Sanjay Dutt, Karishma Kapoor and Pooja Batra