Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Akshay Kumar Has Dedicated Animation Film Jumbo to His Son Aarav



The film is about a father’s unconditional love for his son

Akshay Kumar is all set to give his son Aarav a very precious gift. Akki will be dedicating an entire film titled Jumbo, which is produced by Percept Picture Company. Akshay will not only lend his voice to the central character Jumbo but will also be a sutradhar (narrator) in the film.

When contacted, Akshay Kumar confirmed the news and said, "The reason for me doing this animation film is purely because how it made me feel. Watching it brought back so many emotions that I remembered as a child. Children don’t just need humour or action in their lives, they also need lessons, love and understanding. This film made me think so much about my son that I was absolutely ready to be part of it. Like my father used to say, ‘It’s not just about doing the big and best things all the time. Life is about doing what is important and what is right.’ This is exactly how I felt."

Commenting on the film’s subject, Akshay said, "The film is about the connection that the baby elephant is unable to have with his father, and how his father sacrifices everything for his country. It’s also about the love and support a mother gives her child. I think every child should experience and witness this. Yes it’s an animated film but its message should be followed by all children. Even if only a handful of children see this film, it will make a difference in their lives. It’s a lovely family story. I too will do anything for my son.

When contacted, Shailendra Singh of PPC said, "I am very excited to be working with Akshay on Jumbo. He is indeed our Jumbo." Jumbo will release this Christmas and will be Akshay’s first release after Singh Is Kinng.