Thursday, September 11, 2008

Arjun Rampal Inspires Daughters Mahikaa and Myra to Start their Own Band



Arjun Rampal has been flooded with compliments after Rock On!! Rampal's daughters Mahikaa and Myra have been so inspired by their papa's film, they have formed their own miniature rock band. Arjun says he didn't expect this kind of overwhelming response to Rock On! "This kind of reaction scares me and piles on the pressure. My daughters have seen the film and loved it so much that they have formed their own band. They both had guitars but after they saw me playing, they have been inspired to play it themselves. Now I have two baby rock stars at home." Will he let them become rock stars if they want to be? "I will let them be whatever they want. I was always supported by my family and I will do the same for my kids."

Arjun's best gift and compliments have come from musicians. "They have SMSed me that they could totally relate to Joe's character and that I have given them so much hope.

"It's not just his colleagues and people from the fraternity who've called the actor to praise his performance. Pakistani pace bowler, Shoaib Akhtar called Arjun to congratulate him. Arjun says, "Shoaib Akhtar saw the film in Delhi in the first week. He later called me from Pakistan to say he loved the film and my character, Joe. He went on to say that it was my best performance till date — it was very mature aur unke dil ko choo gaya. Many people have said I have touched a chord in them with my empathetic portrayal of Joe."