Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Priyanka Chopra's Brother Siddharth To Go Overseas to Train as a Chef

Priyanka Chopra With Brother Sidharth Chopra

Priyanka's bro Siddharth off to chef school; family's worried as it is the first time he'll be on his own.

Priyanka Chopra and her parents are preparing for an upheaval in the family, in 2009. The anxious actress's 19-year old brother Siddharth leaves for Switzerland to train as a chef.

Breaking mom's heart

She says, "My brother leaves early next year to train in the culinary arts and hospitality. It's breaking my mom's heart. My brother has never been away on his own not even for a day. How will he manage on his own?"

Priyanka's mother Dr. Madhu Chopra planned to accompany him initially. "She'll probably get a cottage near his college. But I feel he needs to grow up. He's 19. At that age, I was working.
Siddharth is very passionate about cooking. Very few people have a chance in life to follow their dream."

For Priyanka this is a time for gratitude. "After the terror strikes, I went to so many funerals. It just depressed me and made me grateful for what I have. I have my family.
My father is well again. My brother is embarking on a career. I'm healthy," says the actress who is also gung-ho about her upcoming releases Kaminey and What's Your Raashee?

Papa ke liye

Priyanka's dad Dr. Ashok Chopra is also planning to follow his dream in the coming year. His long cherished dream of cutting an album is taking shape. And Priyanka will probably be pitching in. "My dad has been planning an album forever. I'd love to be part of it. But before that I need to train my voice. I won't just sing for a lark."