Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sonakshi Sinha Models for Dev R Nil at Lakme Fashion Week

Shatrugan Sinha's Daughter Sonakshi Sinha Walked the Ramp for Designer Dev R Nil




Sonakshi Sinha opened Dev R Nil fashion show on October 22 at the Lakme Fashion Week in Mumbai, with a male model wearing the exact replica of her ensemble. Shatrughan and Poonam Sinha's daughter, confidently brushed shoulders with seasoned models as she walked the ramp for designers Dev R Nil at the Lakme India Fashion Week yesterday. Sonakshi has come a long way from being a tubby denim-clad volunteer backstage on previous fashion weeks; no one took note of her then. But that's in the past. Now she had walked the Ramp. The new well-contoured young woman could well set the ramp and the silver screen ablaze.

The designer pair used chikan kari to create subtle textures along with batik printing to achieve unusual jigsaw patterns in silk Lurex, satin, linen/viscose blends, stretch cotton and jacquards.

Sonakshi preferred to be behind the curtain for a long time, but now she’s ready to face the limelight Sonakshi Shatrughan Sinha along with a model Sonakshi spoke before the show, “I feel at home when it comes to fashion. It’s a men’s wear collection and I’m the only girl walking the ramp. I’m bridging the gap between the men and women,” she said.

Sonakshi’s not new to the world of glamour. She has seen the movement inside the green room as well as experienced the scene on the ramp. “I have been volunteering for the LFW for almost four to five seasons now. I have been around and that’s the reason why I’m not nervous,” said Sonakshi, who has been practising the catwalk last few days.

“I have lost a lot of weight in these ten months and people have been telling me that I should consider modelling. So if I do a good job today, I will give modelling a serious thought. Otherwise, I can always get back to designing,” said the girl who has studied fashion for three years.

And what about films? “I’m getting a lot of film offers but obviously they go to my parents first. I trust them completely and I know they will filter it all and give me the best one,” smiled Sonakshi who has many options to fall back on. But for now, it’s the Dev R Nil show that she’s thinking about. “It’s a new feeling and I will get to know how good or bad I am today,” she said.