Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pooja Bedi's Daughter Aalia Walks the Ramp at Lakme Fashion Week

Bedi Beti Walks the Ramp: Aalia Walked the Ramp for designer Pallavi Jaipur on Day 2 (21 October 2008) of the Lakme Fashion Week

Off Stage: We're excited! Pooja Bedi with daughter Aalia

Mumbai: Pooja Bedi's 11-year-old daughter Aaliya has joined the ranks of Renee (Sushmita) Sen who walked the ramp last year. The actress-hostess is quite excited with her baby girl's ramp debut and talks about her beti's first steps in the world of fashion.

What has Aalia's ramp experience been like?
This is her first solo appearance and she's dressed as a Rajashtani princess. I'm ext-remely excited. Earlier, she walked for a charity show with me. The designer Pallavi Jaipur, is a mother of her good friend and she asked me if I'd let Aalia walk the ramp.

Did you ask her if she wanted to, or did you decide for her?
I asked my daughter if she was comfortable with it and she said yes! She is equally excited and I think one should enjoy every moment and treasure such experiences.

How old were you when you first walked the ramp?
It was in my 30s, and I walked for Priya Awasthi in Delhi for Bridal Asia. After that, I walked the ramp with Aaliya for Bombay Times and Plan India's charity

Do you think it's a good idea to expose her to the competitive world of fashion at this young an age?
Its not a competitive world of fashion, it's a fun, cute appearance at a Fashion Week by a kid. She is into art and it's her life. I give her the freedom to do what she wants. She'll always have my blessings.

What advice did you give your daughter for walking on stage?
Enjoy and have fun. It's not a hardcore career-defining moment. It's time to enjoy the experience.

Any celeb kids whom you think belong on the ramp?
Chunky and Bhavna's daughter, Ananya and Farah Ali Khan's daughter.