Thursday, April 3, 2008

Trishala With Dad Sanjay Dutt

An interview given to Mid-Day in August 2007, when her dad was sentenced in the Mumbai Bomb blast case

What are you feeling?
I am shattered and speechless. Why did it have to happen to an honest man like him?

Did you speak to your father?
Yes, I’ve been in constant touch with dad since early morning. In fact, we almost broke down last night on the phone. He even spoke to me before he entered the court.

Did he sound low?
Yes, dad was stressed out but made a point of not showing it to me. I can’t imagine what he must be going through at this moment. I am scared and worried for him.

Have you spoken to him since the sentencing?
Dad means the world to me and I am missing him a lot. I want to speak to him at once.

Do you have any plans to come to India?
Dad didn’t want me to come and face the judicial proceedings. After consulting my aunts and grandparents here (New York), I shall decide what to do.