Monday, July 14, 2008

Assistant Director First, Acting Later for Govinda's Daughter Narmada



Govinda's daughter Narmada is all set to leave for the US to study acting and cinema. The actor-turned-MP has already given his go-ahead to his daughter for a career in acting. But with a pre-condition. He wants her to assist a top filmmaker before she faces the camera.

Says Chi Chi, "She'll have to learn the ropes of cinema from behind the camera. I want her to assist some big directors before facing the camera. She's very close to the Roshans, so Narmada will be assisting Rakesh Roshanji."

Not Govinda's buddy David Dhawan? "I'd love her to assist David. But I don't think Narmada wants to do my kind of acting. I'd like her to be known as a serious actress. Though comedy is very tough, she'll have to deal with that later."

Post recovery

Govinda intends to take his daughter Narmada for a course in mass communications and acting as soon as she recovers from facial surgery. "When her third surgery was to be performed, I wanted to wait since it was a very complicated process. She told me there was no point in waiting. By God's grace, Narmada has now fully recovered. And she's a beautiful 21-year old girl. I'll put her in the same school where both of David Dhawan's sons have gone."

He pauses, and then says emotionally, "When I came into movies, I had no guidance. Narmada has me to hold her hand. She is very keen to become an actress and my wife and I have no intentions of standing in the way of her dreams and aspirations."