Friday, May 21, 2010

Imtiaz Ali With Wife Priti and Daughter (Pictures)

Imtiaz Ali, Director of Films like Socha Na Tha (2005), Jab We Met (2007) and Love Aaj Kal (2009)got married at the age of 23. Imtiaz's wife's name is Priti and they have a cute little daughter.

Imtiaz Ali with Daughter

Imtiaz Ali's Daughter at at a Children's Day Party.

Imtiaz Ali with Daughter During a Children's Day Party in 2009

Imtiaz Ali With Wife Priti

Imtiaz On his marriage
Most films of Director Imtiaz Ali are based on run away marriages but he himself dindn't have one. He Says "I didn’t have a runaway marriage but I got married at the age of 23. We were from a small town, it was a Hindu-Muslim thing, nobody was really sure of what to do. Then, there was also the thought that ‘I’m seeing her so I have to get married to her.’ I soon moved cities and thought to myself that the only way we can be together is by marriage. I started the process of convincing everybody at 21, at 23 when I did get married, people were ok with it".

So it wasn’t really a runaway marriage?
We did not have to ultimately, although we did consider it. Which is why people keep running away in my movies ... that’s what you are coming to, which is fine. This thought struck me even when I was shooting Socha Na Tha.