Monday, December 21, 2009

Introducing the New Kid on the Block, Shraddha Kapoor, Shakti Kapoor's Daughter

WHO: Shraddha Kapoor
WHAT: Talking about her Bollywood experience so far
WHERE: On the sets of Teen Patti

Shraddha Kapoor, Shakti Kapoor's little girl

She's a celebrity kid, all of 20 and set to make her big screen debut in Leena Yadav's next film, Teen Patti early next year 9 (and no, she's not been paid Rs one crore for the film as has been rumoured!). She has a lot of things going for her and she's terribly excited about her first media interview with CS. Here's introducing the new kid on the block, Shraddha Kapoor, Shakti Kapoor's little girl

Filmi fundas
Although I've only worked on one film so far, I feel I have already grown as an artiste. Teen Patti has helped me broaden my vision and has been a great source of learning. Directed by Leena Yadav, it stars Amitji (Bachchan), R Madhavan and three other new guys -- I'm sorry I can't talk more about the project just yet. But I can say that I am not charging Rs 1 crore for the film!

Bollywood dreams
I want to make a special place for myself, not only in the hearts of the audience, but also in their lives. I want to be remembered by the roles I play. Movies have always been a very important part of my life, ever since I was a little kid. I used to devour my dad and aunt's (Padmini Kolhapure) films. I also love foreign cinema. I watch a mixed bag of films -- my all time favourites would be Pyaasa, The Shawshank Redemption and Central Station, which is a Portuguese film.

Papa the great
I'm not sure if I've inherited a comic streak from my dad. I'll only find that out when I'm playing a role like that. But, I do love to laugh and be a part of a funny moment. I also thrive on comedies. My dad not only rocks as a funnyman, but he is also an awesome father to me. I value his advice since he's such a seasoned actor. But, he always leaves the decision-making to me. One advice that he's given me is to always stay true to my craft and let go of my inhibitions. After observing him I've learnt that there is no substitute for hard work. I can't wait to put these lessons into practice!

Source: Mid-day