Thursday, March 19, 2009

Adnan Sami's Son Azaan To Cut His Own Album, Javed Akhtar to Pen The Lyrics

Adnan Sami's son Azaan (from his marriage to Zeba Bakhtiar) who's down in India to visit his ailing grandfather, is all set to cut his own album.

Not surprising, considering the boy has already made a short film Meri Kahani which was screened at the Goa Film Festival last year where Azaan was seen with his mother Zeba Bakhtiar.

Says the proud father, "Azaan made that film on computer software Final Cut Pro that I presented him. I think Farhan Akhtar made Lakshya on the same software. And now Azaan has inherited my music sense. My boy has already composed and sung 7 songs for the album without any help from me. He's all set to release his album long before the age when I released my first album."

Apparently, Javed Akhtar heard Azaan's compositions and was impressed enough to agree to write the lyrics. Says Adnan, "Yes Javed Saab loved the songs. He's perfect to write the lyrics for Azaan's songs. At the moment Azaan is spending as much time as possible with my father whose face lights up every time he sees his grandson. I don't want to separate them for even a minute. But my father insisted I take Azaan out to experience the festival of Holi on Wednesday."

The album is expected to be finalized during Azaan's Mumbai stay this time. Adds Azaan, "I think my father started his career in music when he was 19. I am starting at 14. So I do have a head start. I'm also writing a script for a feature film. Like my short film Meri Kahani it deals with the problems of the young. At the moment I'm just happy to be with my grandfather."

Father and son Adnan and Azaan watched Sholay on Tuesday night. Says Adnan, "Azaan saw Sholay for the first time. His comments on the film were so intricate I was bowled over. His short film has been appreciated in Goa. It's only a matter of time before Azaan makes his first full-length feature film. I've already asked him to cast me in the lead."

Source: www.indiafm.com